RE: [pyrnet] Family jewels

> <<MAYBE he would never gotten a tumour. I have read the chemical
> changes which occur at puberty, can cause tumours, especially in the
> pituitary gland.>>
>
> This is really pretty unlikely.  The only cases of links between altering
> and cancer concern cancers later in age.
===========
Of course you could be right, it was just something I read.
My vet did not say that it caused his tumour, just that sometimes the
chemical changes in his system can make a tumour grow more rapidly. Since
then I've read allot of "opinions" on the subject. Which opinions are
factual and proven and which are not, I do not know.

============
> <<His behaviour started changing for the worse, just as puberty hit,>>
>
> The behavior of most males changes as puberty hits !!  Even neutered males
> have some of these syndroms.  If they live through it, they
> usually come out
> of the other end as nice "guys".
==================
 Yes I agree, but we are not talking about the normal dominance behaviour
that can occur. That could have been addressed a little easier. His
behaviour was much more jeckle and hyde.

Very unpredictable, he could love someone he's known all his life for 3
hours, then for no apparent reason start barking, lunging and snapping, full
of terror.
He would be fine around the tractor for a week, then one day would be
furiously barking and biting at the tires.
Not your average case of a dog trying to climb the ladder of the pack.
=========

> All that being said, Tea's argument is the strongest of all.  I never sell
> pets or working dogs unless they are altered (before they go) and
> if I were
> not breeding dogs, I would not own an unaltered animal.  All my cats are
> neutered.
>
> Linda

I also agree with Tea's arguements :)

Sariena