[pyrnet] Jeckle and Hyde

Sariena wrote:  "...His behaviour was much more jeckle and hyde.  Very
unpredictable, he could love someone he's known all his life for 3 hours,
then for no apparent reason start barking, lunging and snapping, full of
terror...."

Wow...as someone on the verge of making the commitment to owning a Pyr this
makes me rethink things a little.  Is this typical Pyr behaviour?  I hope no
one takes this question as a slight to these beautiful dogs, but I have to
be very careful about what kind of dog we own.  My research on Pyr's led me
to believe they are very safe dogs to have around people.  We live on a farm
with lots of visitors and I'm not in a position to be able to own a dog that
is unpredictable.  Would this problem be in a certain line of Pyrs?
Anything to do with how they are raised?  Any difference in male or female?
Any thoughts are appreciated - I'm supposed to put a deposit on a puppy in
the next day or two!

Meg in Ontario