[pyrnet] Family Jewels and so forth

<Since you're a bit stuck with your predicament for the time being, you
might want to spray Nature's Miracle in the areas where he sprays and then
subsequently feed him there for a few days. A friend's Saint used to spray
in her daughter's room every day, despite a doggy door and plenty of
outdoor exercise. After about a week, the dog never sprayed inside the
house again.
As far as those electronic collars, maybe you should look for one for a
Chihuahua and insert it in your husband's shorts when he goes to work in
the morning. Click the button each time Newman sprays and then ask him how
his day at work was when he gets home. Try to keep a straight face. :)
Gerry>

Thanks, Gerry. Yeah, I went to PetSmart and got some stuff called Pet Sav'r
Indoor Pet Control and sprayed the garbage can and surrounding area. So
far, he hasn't marked there again (it's only been since last night) and I'm
watching closely to see if he's marking anyplace else.

As for hubby going off to work, we have the exact opposite situation. He
works from home and I leave every day at 8:00am and come home at 5:30pm.
So  he's home with the dog and I don't see one reason why he shouldn't take
full responsibility for his actions. But the button in the shorts sounds
like a good idea for a LOT of things...hmmmm.

<Please don't take this the wrong way....but where did you acquire your dog
that it is not required that he be neutered if he was not acquired
specifically to show/breed?
Chrissy>

No offense taken. We got him from one of those breeders that all you
RESPONSIBLE breeders probably hate. From what I can tell, they have one
lovely male and two very nice females and probably keep one of the females
pregnant at all times (my assumption).  The place was very nice and well
kept, clean, etc., but they obviously had some major issues about caring
for their dogs. When we got Newman home, he had fleas so bad he was anemic,
three kinds of worms, and ear mites. We had a $90 vet bill the following
day. We also found out later that Newman had acquired Demodex mange from
his mother. Needless to say, all that says a lot about these people. If
we'd had very many choices of breeders, it would've been nice, but there
don't appear to be too many people in our area who breed Great Pyrenees.
Our other choice sounded like a puppy mill about 100 miles from here. I'm
sure there may be other breeders in the area, but we weren't finding them.

I feel that ANYONE who has a dog that breeds for whatever
reason--deliberately or accidentally--should take full responsibility for
those pups, to make sure they're healthy, have their wormings and shots,
are kept parasite-free, and then are found good, responsible homes. But we
all know that no one can dictate to someone else how to run their lives or
the lives of their animals. I feel like we rescued Newman. The vet said
that if he'd been left there much longer, he probably would've died. We
called the people back and informed them of Newman's condition and
suggested they do some "housekeeping" on their property and animals. They
were not impressed, and I'm sure nothing was done. Because the animals look
healthy and are well fed and the premises are clean and frankly, VERY nice,
I doubt if I sent anyone over there with complaints, much would get done,
do you think? I'd like to see those people take some steps to prevent
reoccurrences. I have watched the papers, though, and not yet seen them
listed again with more puppies, so maybe I'm wrong about them keeping the
females pregnant. Maybe it was a one-time thing....Nah...I wouldn't bet on it.