Re: [pyrnet] Oh, Lordy!

I also had the same type of problem with Levi spraying and my vet recommended the same thing and it worked like a charm!   A little spray of Nature's Miracle and then make them eat there and presto!  no more spraying!  Levi was not neutered until he was 3 (I had him for about 6 months and had been told he was neutered...) and had escaped to "visit" the neighbors dog, who unfortunately went into heat 3 days before her spaying appointment!  Have you ever thought about what a Great Pyr and a Weimaraner would look like?  While the puppies were the cutest (and funniest) looking things I ever saw it took quite a while to find the right homes for them.  Probably more so because I kept them until I suckered enough friends into keeping them so that I could always see them......

However, I really like the idea of the Chihuahua collar....  I wonder if it could be fixed in there and then every time they do something completely stupid it would be just a little zzp!  They same dog is "mans" best friend but I think they really mean that they have the same behaviors and should be trained they same way!

Gerry Koehler wrote:
5.1.0.14.2.20020220182505.00ab39c8@pop-server.socal.rr.com">
And, yes, I DO have to consider peace in our household. Frankly, my hubby is a real pain in the butt when I go against him on something he has set his mind on, and I NEVER hear the end of it. Believe me, I'd still be in the proverbial doghouse if I did this behind his back. And he's similarly almost impossible to sway when he's made up his mind, the turkey.

Rhonda,

Since you're a bit stuck with your predicament for the time being, you might want to spray Nature's Miracle in the areas where he sprays and then subsequently feed him there for a few days.  A friend's Saint used to spray in her daughter's room every day, despite a doggy door and plenty of outdoor exercise.  After about a week, the dog never sprayed inside the house again.

As far as those electronic collars, maybe you should look for one for a Chihuahua and insert it in your husband's shorts when he goes to work in the morning.  Click the button each time Newman sprays and then ask him how his day at work was when he gets home.  Try to keep a straight face.  :)

Gerry

###  He who laughs last, thinks slowest  :)  ###

LensCap Gerry

Koehler Photography - Babes, Bikes, and Big Dogs...events and layouts

**Save a life - adopt or foster a big dog**
http://www.adoptasaint.org
http://www.greatpyrrescue.org

'93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
'49 Panhead
'99 FLHTCUi 88" Ultra Classic
Golden State Glendale HOG
'70 911T - Faster than a speeding ticket