Re: [pyrnet] stock killing

Some Pyrs are never trustworthy around fowl. However, I would pen them right next to the chickens (or inside the chicken coop) and only let them in with the chickens while on lead. This way, you can correct any unwanted and inappropriate behavior immediately. Feeding BARF has nothing to do with it, so don't worry about that at all. An old farmer in these parts used to tie the dead chicken around the dogs neck and let it just rot there. Swore it would cure dogs from killing chickens. I, however, have never done this, as close supervision while on lead and in with the birds, with corrections for poor behavior was all that was needed.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com