Re: [pyrnet] favorite heartworm/flea med?

I use Frontline on all my dogs.  I had been using Brewers Yeast and garlic, however on the recommendation of our vet we stopped using the garlic (it is a blood thinner) (still using brewers yeast but it doesn't seem as effective) and he is concerned that if they need surgery for any reason they might bleed excessively.  He feels there are enough complications to deal with in surgery and especially in large breed/low metabolic dogs that the chance of excesive bleeding is one he can do without.  He also noted that Casey way limping when she got up and he is evaluating her (she is 5) for arthritis. He has us giver her glucosimine/Chondrotine but is thinking about asprin (also a blood thinner) and does not want her to have the combination of two blood thinners.

Tea

Do You Yahoo!?