Re: [pyrnet] favorite heartworm/flea med?

I hadn't heard that the garlic could/would thin blood to problematic
levels in the quantities recommended on the containers. It may be
different for different dogs, Tea, but we've used the garlic and brewers
yeast for at least 15 years on all our pyrs and have never had any
problems. We've had several surgical procedures during that time,
including an amputation for bone cancer, and no difficulties at all with
bleeding.
As for the arthritis treatment you're using--our experience with
Paddington was that once he got the glucosamine/chondroitin built up in
his system, we had to give aspirin very infrequently--only before and
after more intense exercise than usual. It sure beat having to resort to
Rimadyl!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori