Re: [pyrnet] Malabsorption problems (was Getting a Pyr to Eat)

Chrissy,

How old is she?  Another ? is how is her muscle tone?   My Murphy and Barb will tell you was one solid pack of muscle - she weighed 69 lbs at 4 1/2 years old when I spayed her.   Of course she did not eat like there was no tomorrow but she was (and still can be) one very very active dog.    Which is why given what she does eat she is in good condition considering that she's 9 1/2 years old and isn't obese.   I am sure if she wasn't spayed she would still be on the leaner end - it's just her make up.

It can't hurt for you to further investigate but keep in mind this may just be her make-up for now and may change as she grows older which happens alot.

What are you feeding?  I know you said chicken but it depends on what part of the chicken you are feeding.   Whole legs and thighs contain obviously more meat and less bone (ratio wise).   My guys get chicken necks/backs and wings and their stools are like bullets.    I avoid the "weight baring bones" such as thighs/legs find it that the dogs don't chew them as thoroughly and think that again the ratio meat to bones is more meat than bones.

Keep us posted ok and I do hope it's just because she's one rambucious girl!

Dianne