[pyrnet] NESTING??

A couple of weeks ago we were brought a coconut fresh off the tree from
Florida for the dogs to play with. The following morning I looked out my
kitchen window to see a fresh hole had been dug in the back yard and the
coconut placed in the middle of it. Since then, Jasmine and Seamus have been
gradually enlarging the hole around the coconut, making it more pry sized.
They take turns sitting in the hole,on the coconut like it is some kind of
egg they want to hatch.  If a squirrel or bird comes anywhere near it they
erupt into fits of barking and chase it away.  They have been given coconuts
in the past that they carted around for awhile and then ripped apart.
Apparently there is something different about this particular coconut.
I really wonder what goes through their minds!

Susan, Jasmine and Seamus