Re: [pyrnet] Mick and abused dogs

That is so sad.  Glad at least one of the Dalmatians had a happy ending.  A
couple of Christmases ago something similar happened to us. A van a couple
of cars ahead of us threw a cat out onto a  double laned expressway on an
overpass. The cat ran across 2 lanes of traffic and fortunately did not get
hit. We followed him, hoping to get his license plate, but traffic was too
heavy and we couldn't catch up, so we decided to go back and concentrate on
finding the cat. Being that it was on an overpass the poor thing could not
go anywhere.  It was freezing rain that day and we found her crouched up
against the stone abutment of the overpass, just terrified. She was just a
kitten!  I bundled her in a  car blanket and was going to take her to the
humane society. But on the way I changeed my mind and just could not do it.
So we took her home. She was terrified of people and went running straight
for our pyr, Jasmine ,and snuggled right into her. Jasmine was most pleased
to have a new kitty. After a couple of days the kitten got more used to us
and we noticed she was limping. She also had what looked like glue stuck to
her head and her whiskers were all singed. I took her to the vet for X-rays
and we found out she had a broken hip and her pelvis was fractured in two
places. The vet said she was only about 8 months old and these injuries were
at least a month old!  Estimate to fix her was $1200. And I'd just paid $300
for X-rays. Well I don't have that kind of money, already having 2 large
dogs and 3 cats so I was in a panic.  Eventually I found a no kill shelter
called "Friends of Abandoned Pets" and they came to get her 2 days before
Xmas.
As it turned out, one of the directors fell in love with her, named her
"Platinum" and the shelter looked after her medically. And now she is the
poster cat for them and goes to all the local Petsmarts with them on
fundraising days! The man who adopted her says she is the sweetest and
friendliest cat he has ever had.
Susan