Re: [pyrnet] I have a NEW ONE

Tammie, we had a girl--Shelley--who had spent her first year tied outside,
neglected, matted to the skin although probably not as bad as poor Mick.
Fortunately the breeder had sold her on a show contract so was able to
arrange to get her back. We took her when she was about 5--she had her
championship, had mothered two litters, and became a superb therapy dog in
a nursing home and children's hospital. So keep up the good work with
Mick!
We've had the experience of bringing new adult dogs into our household,
and the "senior" dog has usually been quite aloof for a while, but they've
always become good buddies. Others are giving you good advice--just keep
doing what you're doing and keep an eye on them to avert any possible
trouble. Molly may realize that Mick doesn't feel great  yet. And way to
go for rescuing this guy--we need more people like you to continue to help
us believe that humanity is not hopelessly doomed, given the jerk who had
this poor dog!!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori