Re: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

Would someone please post the treatment for hot spots.  I have a dog that I believe is getting one.  Will take her to the vet tomorrow, but want to start getting ahead if I can now.

One of our pyrs is allergenic, and the best thing I've found for hot spots is Gold Bond Medicated powder.  She would still bite at the spot with anything the vet gave me to put on it, but she won't touch it once I put on the gold bond. It drys up the spot in a couple of days, and begins healing. If you get it on quick enough, you won't lose too much hair, but if not hot spots can grow very quickly.  Charlie