RE: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

Hi Chrissy, yes the paediatric doctor at the hospital where I took my
daughter when she needed stitches, said that I should not have used peroxide
to clean the cut. He said that yes it will kill the bacteria, but
unfortunately kills the body's natural antibodies that are trying to fight
off the infection as well as the surrounding tissue.

As for hot spots, I have never had a case of it here, but a friend's dog had
moist dermatitis (along with a undetermined skin allergy), and nothing the
vet gave her worked. She was here one day and we read my bottle of Kopper
Care (an fungicide antiseptic used for the treatment of thrush, after
dehorning, ringworm etc), It said that it was also used as a pad toughener
in dogs so we called my vet and he said that it couldn't hurt to try it.

We diluted it a bit and it worked. His back cleared up very fast.

Now of course her dog is black so the staining of the bright green patches
on her dog, would not be as noticeable as in a white Pyr......but just think
of all the new comments you'd here about the breed of dog you have, and we
could laugh about them on the list! LOL,

Just kidding, but seriously maybe there is a clear or cleaner form of
"copper napthenate" (the active ingredient) on the market. Just wondering.

Sariena