Re: Isaac, was Re: [pyrnet] Peroxide & a House Training Question

Hi Chrissy,

     Our Isaac came to us from a farm couple who had an unplanned
litter.  They had five pyrs working on their farm and apparently one of
the females went into heat at an unexpected time.  Their dogs and puppies
all seemed healthy, well adjusted, and cared for.  However there was no
contract or serious screening of prosepctive puppy buyers, so in hindsight
I guess they would fall into the back yard breeder category.  They did say
they planned to spay the mother after all the puppies had been placed.  We
are fortunate that we haven't had any health or temperment problems with
Isaac like I know some people have with puppies that are the product of
careless breeding.  In fact, Isaac recently was certified as a therapy
dog.  We've been on a couple visits so far, and he's done very well.

     As far as a pattern with Nina, I don't think she's ever used the same
spot twice in the house.  She just quietly sneaks off into one of the
carpeted  rooms (ie. a bedroom or the living room) no one is in and goes
behind a bed or over in a corner.  She never asks to go outside.  I think
the only reason she doesn't have more accidents in the house is because we
always make her go out when Isaac goes out.  Outside, both the dogs have a
pooping area in one of the back corners of our yard that they generally
use.

Jessica