Re: [pyrnet] Fencing in a Pyr

About fencing - the law in my town also only allows a
shorter fence if it is near the sidewalk (along the
sides as well as the front within 15' of road)  but if
it is set back can rise to the full six feet.  It is
meant to allow traffice to see around corners and avoid
collisions.  The existing fence in my yard on three
sides is 6' tall.  At the front it is only 4 feet tall
but there are large evergreen bushes along it so the
total distance to clear is about 4'and 4' deep.  I have
had an excape when the snow built up to the point that
it was only about two feet lower than the bushes but a
neighbors dog who came in to visit and showed my guys
the way was the real culprit!

Also consider whether the neighbors kids can get over
the fence to visit, for a while the "attractiveness" of
my dogs was an issue!  This is another reason to
consider a solid fence or moving it back from the
sidewalk so a real effort must be made by passerbys to
bother the dogs.  It is only amusing to a point for you
and the other neighbors to listen to "people" barking at
the dogs to hear their voices!

Amy