Re: [pyrnet] Rescue/breeder "poll"

Since we obtained Sam as a private rescue, I don't know what's entailed (no
pun intended) in buying a pup from a breeder.  But I would think that the
bill of sale, if it includes a provision stating that the dog must be
returned to the breeder if for any reason the new owner is unable to care
for it, is a legally binding contract.  In which case the violation thereof
could have legal repercussions.

I think, if I were in the hypothetical situation described, that I would
call on rescue and the lists to arrange cheaper transportation for the dog
back to me, where I could then evaluate and place the dog with a new home.
Rescue is so busy and so full that if I could take over on the care of and
placing of the dog, I bet I could easily find people willing to take legs of
the drive from them to me.

If I had worked directly with that particular rescue organization in the
past and had no problems or issues with them, I *might* allow them to place
the dog.. but only if they already had someone lined up to take him.

Jess &:
Sam the Pyr (part-time); Elric & Tooki (cats); Caramun & Raistlin (bunnies);
 and introducing Methos the black bear hamster
Levittown PA
woods@davor.com