RE: [pyrnet] Rescue/breeder "poll"

In the event (I could not even imagine such a possible event) that I had
to place my pyr, my sales contract states, I must first contact the
owner (co-owner) and pay all expenses to return her.  She is of pet
quality.

I would be very reluctant to give her back to the breeder.  I had a bad
experience with this breeder.  (The first pup had to be put down at 5
weeks, then she promised me pick of the next litter. She would not
refund my deposit. When I went to pick her up, she had two females for
me to choose from a litter of 10 with 4 females.  There were three in
the pen, but she removed one while we were there and said she just sold
it over the phone.  I was so upset about the first one being put down, I
didn't question anything, I was so happy to have a puppy after waiting
almost 7 months. Then my pup had a hernia, not the simple belly button
kind, but the serious groin kind and needed surgery 4 days after I got
her.  The breeder offered nothing other than returning the dog.  No way!
She was 6 hours from my house, but that wasn't the reason. It all worked
out, as my Dumpling is the best) I feel I am much more responsible for
her well-being and could find her just a safe a home as this woman.  She
didn't ask me any questions when I called to find a pup.

I would not feel comfortable returning her to the breeder.  I know most
breeders are wonderful and I would feel best returning my dog to the
breeder in most cases.  I really thought I carefully choose this
breeder.  She was/is on the GPCA list.  After the first pup had to be
put down, I was going to choose another breeder but she wouldn't refund
my $250 deposit and I just couldn't afford to loose it.  In hindsight,
it would have been cheaper than the surgery but I wouldn't have my
Dumpling.

Sherri