RE: [pyrnet] Fw: Pyr at the humane society-ADOPTED

Hi Michele...I know the feeling, Freckles was looking forward to a new
brother! Good thing we never mentioned it at all to the kids! But I'm glad
he was adopted, and I hope he has a great life!

Where in Calgary are you? I lived there for 3 years in my teens. My mom and
brother still live in Calgary. I think Mom's on 6th ave.

My brother said that he always hears of Pyr's or crosses for sale out there
or in the shelters. Guess the larger farms need them so there's a market.

Where I live (Northumberland county near Peterborough) Pyr's are scarce
(that's a good thing!) When I got Zeus very few people ever had heard of
one, let alone seen one.

There are alot of show breeders in Ontario, but I suspect that most don't
sell as LGD's or at least spay/neuter the LGD pups before they go. As there
really is not a wide spread problem of BYB's....at least not in my area.

But lately I fear we are going to see alot more of these pups in the
shelters. In the last year at least 4 farms in the area, now have Pyr's. I
have stopped in and talked to three of these farms about their dogs, and
sadly all three said that they had aggressive temperaments. One so bad the
owner said he was going to have him put down...:( I could not even get near
him.

An interesting point...they all came from "some breeder in Quebec"

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong....

Sariena