Re: [pyrnet] Dog attack

A dog of this age, given the predator(s) she is supposed to deter, should not be working alone. A dog cannot protect the herd and fight off the attacker at the same time. She needs a partner. The predator was dispatched, and the bulk of the herd was saved due to this dog's intelligence and correct reading of the situation. Chances are, those seen taking off into the night were other dogs, and she knew it. Give her some credit, she did her job and she did it well. You might want to join and post this question on LGD-L. Most people there use their LGD's in working situations. I think you will find their response similar to mine.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs)
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com