Re: [pyrnet] Dog attacks

I also wanted to mention this..(related).... Maddie (my Pyr) has had a
'problem' with Magpies eating her food. (I could bring her food in but not
till winter)  There are two birds. One distracts her into the middle of the
yard while the other eats the food, then the birds switch roles. - I try to
get her to lay with (stay near) her food , that way NO birds will come close
to her food she's trying to protect.
My point- Could that young female protecting her goats have realized that
she stood a better chance of "defending" the herd rather than going after
the predator and leaving the goats unprotected, particularly if there was
more than one predator?
Michele Donald