Re: Chat: [pyrnet] Too quiet

Again, the only tight mats were behind his ears and I instructed them to cut those out. They did not. The remaining mats are a degree worse than the felting that can occur any time. My difficulty in "preventative" brushing is that I have no help to brush and have arthritis in my hands. . also, Bear hates to have his tail/hiney combed/brushed and I do not have a grooming harness to hold his head still.

They are very painful where you describe them and mayby why he was so happy to see you (the mean people were trying to comb out those awful mats).  So you might temper your evaluation with realization of what is involved.  Preventive brushing avoids this completely and take just a few minutes weekly once the coat is mat free.