Re: Chat: [pyrnet] Too quiet

In a message dated 11/4/2002 6:19:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, Foxe2n10ec@aol.com writes:

Bear hates to have his tail/hiney combed/brushed

This must be pretty common with dogs with pantaloons.  Both of my girls dislike it.  Shelly just sits down!  :::sigh::::    I tease and play with her and then she will lay flat and let me brush.  With Lily, who, when I first got her, was terrified of brushes or anything else in the hands - I put on her leash and then she knows to stand still, well, sorta!  She wants to turn it into play time.  lol
I do brush behind the ears 2 or 3 times a week.  Shelly never had mats there  but Lily has longer hair and it has been a problem.
I make bushing time a fun/play time too.  I try to make it enjoyable for the dogs.
I've heard that Petsmart has a simple brush out grooming - for a pretty low fee.  That might be an option for you since the arthritis makes it difficult for you to groom.  Or maybe your groomer would be willing to do a once a week good brush out.

Cat, Shelly & Lily (Great Pyrs) & the 3 fab felines, Sketch, Lacy & Troubles

Spay and Neuter

My Name Is Sam