Re: [pyrnet] Help Please!

Thank you so much Barb for your advice. I am too sick to take Buster in;
but, I was lucky enough that my son Benn was home from his truck driving job
that he could take Buster in today.

It turns out that Buster has atrophic myositis. I haven't been out on the
web yet to read more about it; but, it is an auto-ammune deficiency that
works on the muscles in his head. His eyes are not draining properly as his
eyes are slowly sinking into his head. His nose is dry because the mucous
isn't working ok there. He is drooling because he can't drink properly and
he is having a hard time chewing hard dry food.

The vet gave him a shot and I have to give him pills which will help some.
It can't be cured, I guess but won't outright kill him either. Buster is at
least 12+ yrs old (I've had him since '91) so I want to give him the best of
what is left of his life. Vet says the steroids will cut down the length of
his life, whatever that means. It was only 1+ years ago when I lost my
beloved Pyr Thor. I'm not ready to lose another one...guess we never are.
He's been a good little 'ball dog'... Odie type..dumb but loving.

I'm supposed to switch to softer food for him. I have been using Nutro
Reduced Fat Maintenance hard food because Eiger, my Pyr rescue, is a food
hog. Do you have any idea of any kind of soft food that would also have good
nutrition? Have you ever heard of this condition before? Any prognosis of
quality of life? I would appreciate any information from any of you. Thank
you all for being patient with me and my dogs health issues. Nancy

Thank you