Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: New Pyr girl!

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:52:55 -0500, Ann K. Wetherilt wrote:

>Really exciting news, Mitzi--we surely understand the longing for a
>connection with a particular line. We feel so blessed that our Ivy Rose
>and Tori are "kin" to Shelley and Paddington respectively--as well as
>being very much their own beings, they display an uncanny resemblance to
>their predecessors, not so much in appearance as in mannerisms, etc.
>Although both of these two are shy--the reason they were still available
>as adults--they still keep alive many of the things we loved best in S and
>P.

I know, just the idea that this girl is so closely related to my 4 boys is a bond. She's a full sister to my 4 & 5 yr old Pyr boys and 'niece', I suppose it
would be, to my 8 & 9 yr old boys. Her present owner told me, "You just won't believe how sweet she is!" I said, "Oh yea I will" lol! I
've got 4 of her closest relatives walking around here all day long :-)
And the mannerisms-little things like the way they sleep, the way each one greets people just the same, all the things I take for granted are 'Pyr
things' until I get an unrelated foster Pyr in. Then I realize all over again that these things are "MY Pyr's things".
I've had only the 4 Pyr boys since I lost the 2 girls several years ago. I had 6 Pyrs for quite a few years in a row. With this girl and the Pyr girl that lives
with her both coming I'll have 6 Pyrs again, at least til the 2nd girl gets placed.
I think I like that idea! My husband has always said if we had a houseful of *Pyrs insead of a houseful of other breeds it wouldn't seem difficult at all.
Mitzi Potter
Mitzi@Mitzis.net
Guthrie  OK