Re: [pyrnet] Hi protein

Chrissy, there's a lack of a lot of things in processed foods, not only dog
foods. While what I feed is processed, it is minimally processed. And I
supplement with whole fresh foods. Kibbled dog foods have only been widely
fed in the US for about the last 50 or so years. Prior to that, dogs ate
table scraps and whatever was cut away while trimming both meats and
vegetables as well as breads from their owners foods. A lot of what was
trimmed was done so prior to cooking. So they were getting raw, whole foods.
I have a friend, who has an absolutely lovely Pyr bitch, who is about Bo's
age, who occasionally hunts. She brings down wild turkey and rabbit. So, in
essence, she is barfing herself. (or supplementing herself with raw, whole
foods) BTW, her teeth are pearly white. (not so for the other dogs who are
strictly kibble fed) Sometimes Mother Nature knows better than all the
scientists. <G>

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Elle the foster Pyr
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com