Re: [pyrnet] Hi protein

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barb Bowes" <bamb@monmouth.com>

<<Prior to that, dogs ate
table scraps and whatever was cut away while trimming both meats and
vegetables as well as breads from their owners foods. A lot of what was
trimmed was done so prior to cooking. So they were getting raw, whole
foods.>>

And this means what exactly?  That they were healthier?  That they lived
longer?  I suspect that mostly it means that nothing else was available and
that people didn't give a whole lot of thought to what their dogs ate..or
did for that matter.  Or how healthy they were.  Or how long they lived.
Only in the late 20th century did people have enough leisure time and money
to even think much about it.

Sometimes Mother Nature knows better than all the
scientists. <G> >.

Yes, sometimes Mother Nature does.  MN also delivers distemper, parvo,
heartworm, lethal parasites, bitches dying in whelp.  You name it.  As both
Barb and Tracey might expect and won't be surprised, I need to jump in here
and say that my dogs are never fed anything but kibble (and not very fancy
kibble at that) and *very* occasionally something left over (less often
since my kids grew up).  All my dogs from pups to seniors are fed the same
thing.  Most of my dogs live very long lives and few of them have ever been
to a vet except for bitch/pup issues.  They also mostly have clean teeth.
The grandfather, great grandfather and great great grandfather of Barb's Bo
who lived, respectively 12.5, 12.5 and 14 years were all raised on this
routine and had the same health profile.  I am not here to object to raw
feeding as long as the feeder understands you can't just throw leftovers at
the dog.  I am just here to say that there are many ways to raise healthy
dogs.

Linda