Re: [pyrnet] TB

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janice Swenson" <janices@austin.rr.com>

<<t.  Mycobacterium was
one of the problems and virtually back then we had people vaccinated against
tb and
now we're saying don't need vaccines anymore because it's eliminated. >>

This really has me confused.  We have never vaccinated against TB.  And
nobody that I know says that it is eliminated.  Indeed drug resistent TB is
a huge public health problem.  Both my daughter-in-law and my grandaugter
are TB postive from having picked it up in MX.  My grandaughter when she was
a year old and she was on antibiotic treatment for nearly a year.

All that being said, my son is an epidemiologist and I have a very healthy
fear of food borne illness. He does not allow his kids to eat at fast food
restaurants and food at home is handled very carefully.  Most of this stuff
won't kill you ( ecoli and listeria can) but a lot of it can make you wish
you were dead!!

Linda