Re: [pyrnet] Hi protein

<<It seems the raw feeders fail to see this.  I'm sorry but even fresh
killed is not safe.  It seems the only people that really know this are
those of us that were born and raised on farms and never fed our dogs raw
meat.>>Janice

That would certainly be a minority here.  I don't think I have ever heard of
someone being born and raised on a farm here in Australia (including myself
who grew up on both sheep station and dairy) whose dogs did not get raw
meat/bones.  Raw feeders BTW are very aware of all those parasites etc out
there.  They discuss them frequently and are very familiar with transmission
rates and risks.  What non-raw feeders fail to see however is that the risks
are minimal and in the case of many parasites as be eliminated (or close
to)through certain management practices.

 <<And just for your information there is also a natural pathogen in honey
for all those who want unprocessed honey because it's healthier.  >>

You can get salmonella too from fruit and vegetables, children have died
from eating contaminated pizza, and food poisoning from eating out is
reasonably common.  Recalls of contaminated dog food and treats also
continue to appear.  I think I will stick to my home grown honey, salads and
sushi (and the occasional pizza), my own home grown lamb and chicken, eating
in local marketplaces when travelling in southeast asia and continue to feed
the diet that has worked very well for my dogs for the last 9 years.  But
then, those are 'risks' I have assessed and decided I personally am willing
to take.  As you know, everyone must assess the risks for themselves and
decided what they are willing to accept for themselves.

Tracy Bassett
Murrumbateman, Australia
Pyr owners feeding raw.  Over 100 members!:
www.smartgroups.com/groups/BARFPyrs
espinay@bigpond.com