Re: [pyrnet] Hi protein

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitzi" <Mitzi@Mitzis.net>

And seriously......not to take sides on this but we ALL know how dogs
consider feces a delicacy <yack>. And no one with cats & dogs together can
tell me their dogs don't dip into the litter box whenever they get a free
shot at it. How are those things 'harmless' yet raw mean is dangerous? Just
curious.>>

Not to take sides either but what comes out in stool is not the same thing
that dwells in raw food of any sort.  By the time it goes through the gut it
is mostly done in.  OTOH, parasites of many varieties are happy to survive
in stool.  the fact that dogs eat poop doesn't mean much.  the fact that
they eat decaying and awful dead meat *may* mean something in this context.
But probably not much.

<<And to be fair-how DO we explain all the healthy raw fed dogs? If it were
as bad as some say no raw fed dog would live past the age of a year.>>

To defend myself only, I surely don't think that it is "bad" but I also
point out that you will seldom see posts that talk about the less successful
raw food dogs.  I, OTOH, would also love it if people didn't tell me how bad
feeding kibble is.  So, it really cuts both ways.

Linda