Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

When we are on the threshold of having vaccines for certain cancers, that
might open up our minds to such thoughts. >>

I don't think that we are on the threashold of having a vaccine for cancer.
What we are on the threashold of having is a vaccine for human papilloma
virus which seems to be the major "cause" of cervical cancer.  It is also
one of the most common STDs and aesymptomatic.  If we could protect women
(especially young woman) against this, we could virtually eliminate cervical
cancer.  This is not the same thing as having a vaccine for cancer.

<< No one is saying that environment,
diet, etc., does not play a role, but we need to acknowledge the genetics
behind much of this as well, otherwise it is difficult or impossible to
explain why some do and do not get these things. >>

One of the most complex realities in any health science.  It is in a real
sense, an epidemiological question.  And the issue of some do-some don't is
why one should be very careful in promoting this, that or the other diet,
cure, drug etc as protective against cancer.

<<Right now I think I will listen acutely to the researchers in the centers
doing the research than what we, the lay public, generally thinks may be
occurring.>>

Hear, hear !!  Although I also hope that those researchers are also
listening to the lay public.

Linda