Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

On 16 Dec 2002 at 9:27, JGentzel@aol.com wrote:
> When we are on the threshold of having vaccines for certain cancers, that
> might open up our minds to such thoughts.  No one is saying that environment,
> diet, etc., does not play a role, but we need to acknowledge the genetics
> behind much of this as well, otherwise it is difficult or impossible to
> explain why some do and do not get these things.

I don't think you can rule out inherited genetic factors as playing a role or else it
doesn't explain why cancers run in certain lines like they do in certain families and
not in others.  Research seems to say that, a combination of environmental +
inherited genetic = susceptibility of getting cancer.  I haven't seen a researcher who's
not putting in some genetic factor and solely blaming environment or diet.  Knock on
wood, I've not had a pyr or newf that has developed cancer but the lines mine are out
of seem to run few cancers.  Just like the one cancer that seems to run in my family
is skin cancer, which my physician checks for and anything suspicious gets taken off.
I think the research I've seen on vaccine is for the virus that if develop more prone to
develop cancer and a vaccine formulated from the cancer that when injected
promotes an anti-cancer fighting response.  Research on diet is on a formation that
starves tumors of nutrients they need to survive.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices/
Hutto, TX