Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

Perhaps my problem was with my understanding of the definition of the word
"heritable". To me, that meant inherited. But...I looked it up. And one of
the definitions is "capable of being inherited". Which, in this context, I
suppose all cancers "could be". Which is why I asked if the statement was
out of context. I'd imagine when the statement was made, it was in the
context that it is possible for cancers to be inherited. With which I do
agree. But my understanding at the time was that the researcher was trying
to say that all cancers are inherited. Which I disagree with most
wholeheartedly. So I stand corrected. I'll have to try to finish the rest of
this tomorrow as I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my brain around
this tonight with the day I've had. :-)

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Elle the foster Pyr
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com