[pyrnet] Help... Please!

I just found out that my 11+ year old Springer/Cocker cross has an
auto-immune disease called Myositis. Have you heard of it before? I'm a bit
nervous that my Pyr rescue Eiger could get it thru drinking out of the same
water bowl. I hate to sound terribly ignorant here; but, is a disease like
this in dogs the same as AIDS in humans?

I really would appreciate any information you have on this subject. Buster
is on meds to stop it from getting worse; but, the vet says that it has
attacked the major muscles of his head (which I can definitely see). He
needs softer food and rawhides/treats are a definite obstacle for him now.

I'm looking at rescuing another Pyr (female this time) :) and need to know
as much as I can about this disease before I go any further with my
thoughts. Thank you so much for any help you can provide! You are great Pyr
friends. nancy k

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup