[pyrnet] Carting question

Hello,

We have started Romy carting.  To learn how to do this we read quite a bit of
stuff on-line as well as info from Dog Works, Inc. where we bought his
harness system.  We also bought a how-to video from them that we have
followed closely.

He is now carting but seems to be having one small problem.  He does not want
to get the cart started from a dead stop.  I thought maybe the cart was to
heavy so we hooked him up to a 5 pound cart (the shaft poles outweighed the
thing) and the same thing happened.  Once he starts going (with lots of
encouragement in front of him...we never pull on his lead to start him) then
he goes really well.  In fact he even runs well with it and makes broad turns
nicely.

Do you folks have any advice or ideas?  Perhaps a cinch is too tight (they
seem ok but maybe I should give him more room somewhere, especially the chest
for deep breaths) or do you suppose it is just an experience thing.

Any advise is welcome.  I will also check the internet for other ideas.

Thanks in advance folks.

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy