Re: [pyrnet] Good laugh at the Petsmart site

I just loved that bit about the needing frequent baths and very smelly.
Don't they have grooming on site?  Sounds like an advertisement <vbg>.

I am a groomer and all my own Pyrs - all 'house dogs' (inside at night and
outside when I am out during the day) - rarely get bathed and probably get
brushed about once a week.  They do not smell at all (even with regular
access to sheep poo <g>).

I do think however, that some of that has to do with diet.  Some of my
clients dogs, for example, smell no matter how frequent/infrequent they are
washed or what they are washed with.  The smell is coming out of the skin,
not from the coat.

Tracy Bassett
Murrumbateman, Australia
espinay@bigpond.com