[pyrnet] just spayed

I took my 6 mon old Pyr girl in to the vet on Friday for hir spaying. I had already spoke to my vet (I really like this vet) earlier about how Pyrs are sensitive to anesthesia and received the talk about how safe the new stuff is, blah, blah. <g>

Anyway, I picked her up that afternoon. Now it's been awhile since I had a female spayed; it's so much easier to "fix" a male. Poor girl, she looked pitiful. Head handing, just standing there (not something she does often). The vet asst. is giving me instructions and poor girl, she upchucks all over the vet's floor. Better than in my car!

She took several hours to get feeling better. She ate 1/2 of a milk bone but upchucked it later as well. Saturday morning she's fine except she really wants at those stitches. Now, I'm wondering. Was she so ill because she's a female, because she's a Pyr, or because she's a female Pyr?

BTW, she's totally back to normal and our love again.

Ginger