Re: [pyrnet] Feeding a picky pup & health issues

      Although 56 lbs. is a little lite for her age, it's not that far off. Once they hit around 9-10 months, I've found that they go through a phase where they won't eat much, or gain weight, it's possible that she has just hit this phase a little earlier.  I agree with keeping her on a large breed formula for the low calcium %, but 2 years may be pushing it a little more than I would. There are a lot of good large breed formulas out there, some better then Iams. You might consider talking to your breeder about trying one of them, such as Premium Edge, Nutro, ect. to see if she might eat one of them better. I would not personally recommend Pedigree since it's primarily a corn based product. I've tried several of the Premium foods, and found that  the price of the product isn't always a reflection of the quality. Currently I'm feeding Bil-Jac, but they don't make a large breed puppy formula, the best large breed puppy I've found is Premium Edge. I don't think I'd be too worried about her weight at this point, they can really vary in growth at that age. Our female went up to 86 lbs. at 8 months, then dropped weight for the next 2 months until she was down to 74 lbs., before beginning to gain again. There was no medical reason for this. Now she's 4 years old, and a healthy 122 lbs.
Charlie

Additionally, she is now only up to 56.4#  (she's gained about half of what the breeder said she would), which doesn't seem to be in keeping with the growth rate for her breed.  I worried that it might be the h/w preventative and/or the fle/tick preventative causing the skin problems so ave taken her off Flarabits (sp?) and Front Line Plus and switched her to Revolution. All in all, she is a happy, healthy, beautiful girl but I think I need to find a food she will eat that is good for her.  Her breeder does health guarentee her dogs as long as they are kept on the Iam's or Pedigree, due to cancer causing additives in most other foods.  However, like a child with some problems we are beyond attached to this girl and would not give her up.