Re: [pyrnet] Feeding a picky pup & health issues

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>Also, is his nipping normal?  Will my fingers and toes ever be safe?!
It's normal, but you still need to stop it! We've only raised one from
puppyhood, and he too was a nipper. Our trainer had us reprimand him, and
if he went back at it, when he nipped, to push your hand, arm, whatever,
further into his mouth rather than withdrawing--obviously not far enough
to hurt, but it stopped the problem very quickly. Also, when he starts to
nip, immediately stop any game you're playing with him, petting, etc. and,
after reprimanding and stopping the nipping, ignore him for a short period
of time. It worked for us. Good luck!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose, Tori and Blair