Re: [pyrnet] Feeding a picky pup & health issues

With our first pyr--a very picky eater--I used to have a fit because I
thought she wasn't eating enough. After several trips to the vet, only to
find out each time, that she was still just a picky eater, I let go a bit.
Sugar remained very healthy but never weighed a whole lot--maybe part of
the reason she lived to be 12 1/2 happy years old! Ivy Rose is another
small pyr who always seems on the skinny side. To watch her leap and play
with her two sisters, you'd never know she's a 10 year old cancer
survivor. So, in my admittedly limited experience, I say don't worry about
size and weight as long as they're healthy and active. And next time Ivy
or Blair goes on a "won't eat" kick, I'll try to listen to my own advice!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose, Tori (don't worry, Mom--I'll eat theirs too) and Blair