Re: [pyrnet] Re: Heart Murmurs

Hi Lisa,
When my girl went to be spayed at 6 mos., the vet told me she had a heart murmur. She also said that in some dogs it is only heard while the animal is under/and after an anesthetic. We went to a cardiologist, and were told it was innocent and she will most likely outgrow it. When Maddie went back for her post-op check, the vet could not hear the murmur using her stethoscope. My 9 yr old son was also born with a heart murmur and he has also pretty much out grown it. Every visit to the vet though , she listens and checks and so far she has assured me that it doesn't appear to be associated with anything more serious, albeit a fairly common observance 'after' a sedation. The vet asked if she was 'coughing' after exercise, so possibly that could be an indication of something...(Maddie was not) .
Hope this helps

Michele Donald
Calgary Alberta