RE: [pyrnet] first time pyr owner

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the list.

Regarding your question about your 3 month old being able to hold it all night - If I remember correctly, Pico (my 3.5 yr old) was able to hold it all night from 2 months - he was in a crate and I made sure that he went for a walk before bedding down for the night.

Regarding your question about command response - this is the wrong breed for someone who expects instant obedience. It is very rare to get the obedience from a Pyr that you might expect from a Poodle or Rottie, it is just not the way they operate. As far as being sensitive goes, I know Pico is very sensitive to my tone of voice and mood, however, my last Pyr was not. I think that kind of depends on the dog.

Elaine and Pico