RE: [pyrnet] Re: thunder

<< Does anyone have a pyr who is afraid of thunder?  >>

I had/have two that are afraid of thunder.

<< Are all pyr's afraid of thunder? >>

no...

<<  My 4 month old pyr "rex" heard thunder for the first time today and when
absolutely crazy.  He started yelping for help and practically crawled
through the cattle fence on his property. So, of course I comforted him, but
I have never had a dog who was so afraid of thunder.>>

The next time that he shows fear, you should ignore the behavior.  By
comforting him, you're really reinforcing his reaction to the thunder.  You
should try to treat this very "matter of factly" and attempt to draw his
attention away from the noises.  Once he's doing something "good" or "fun",
make happy with him and tell him what a good boy he is.  You might also want
to play some soothing music during a storm.

Hope that this helps.

Karen Reiter
Richmond, VA