[pyrnet] The Bear's Revenge

Definitely no showing this post to dh.  He will be sure I am related to your Hubby.

We live in a very rural area with lots of roaming bears, moose, deer etc.  About 8 years ago at our old house, we had a neighborhood bear.  He would start at the top of the hill and make his way down visiting garbage and bird feeders as he went.  The phone calls normally proceeded him just reminding each other to bring in anything you might have forgotten.

One night dh took O'Toole (a black spaniel/lab cross) to the door to put him out for his pre bed potty run.  O'Toole said 'nope not me'.  DH goes -- 'listen I am not getting up at 2 -- out you go' -- grabs the collar, O'Toole sits his ground won't budge -- dh yanks the door open grabs his collar, steps out right into the damn bear (4 year old about 400-500lbs).  Never saw either of those two move so fast in my life, in they come tumbling and rolling.  The bear sticks his head through the door to see what the commotion is about.  Mrs. Grizzly Adams here -- (better known as she with no brains) is in the kitchen -- grabs two pot lids and banging them together chases the bear back out the door, off the deck and down the stairs into the woods.  About and hour later he is back (dh fesses up he had left the garbage out in the back of the truck for a dump run).  I look out and sure enough there is the bear sitting on the side of the truck picking through the garbage looking for the good stuff  and tossing the other stuff in the yard.  Boy was I angry -- grabbing my pot lids -- out I run--  banging and screaming and stomping.  Bear looks at me, casually gets out of the back of the truck and strolls off (if I had learned bear I would have known that this was his way of saying -- you are really an annoying human, but you will sleep and I WILL RETURN).

The next morning bear had taken the garbage from the truck and spread it ALL over the entire yard, under bushes, in trees, on the deck, in the flower garden -- Everywhere!  took dh and I two hours to clean up the mess. I am sure that bear was in the woods and watching us and laughing his big fuzzy butt off.  Needless to say dh never left the garbage out again and I did not chase the bear with my pot lids.  DH never fails to tell this tale of course he never admits to helping pick up the garbage -- but I have pictures (I think the bear took them --LOL)

Tea....

Do you Yahoo!?