Re: [pyrnet] dog classes

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>Classes are however a
>good place for YOU to learn so you can go away and put it into practice.
I've always thought that this is really the point of a class, particularly
the first class or so for any particular dog. Tori was so timid when we
took her to the beginners' class that she'd do nothing but stay close to
me--but she watched everything intently. It would totally amaze me that
she'd then go home and often perform the command first time round!
The class we're currently attending with Blair has only 6 dogs--a nice
situation. Blair does what she's asked--albeit sometimes reluctantly, and
when she get over-hot or simply bored, we do as Tracy suggested and take
time out to just watch.  But she lives for the breaks when she gets to do
the rounds and greet all the people--she's not very interested in the dogs!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose, Tori and Blair