Re: RE: [pyrnet] chat:Pet Fair~~an unusal happening

<<Okay, being a fairly new Pyr owner (1 yr. in August), I am unaware of
"why" for the leather collar??>>Debbie

I think it really just depends on the quality of the collar.  Leather
collars are generally sturdy and will take a lot of pulling/punishment.  You
can get good nylon etc collars though too (I think I mentioned that I love
the Premier collars <g>: http://www.bigtallk9.com or I bought some here when
in the US visiting: http://www.wonderdogs.com/ For NJ folks this is a great
training school BTW! <g>)  The weak points are generally always the
buckles/catches/stitching etc on any collar though so look for sturdiness in
this area.  I dont trust plastic catches.

I don't like those thin nylon collars at all and even less the thin nylon
leads which can burn and cut your hands.  When it comes to leads, I do love
leather the best and cotton webbing next.  Much more comfortable on the
hands (again, look for good quality clips and stitching).  'Style' naturally
comes into it too of course.  Those dogs gotta look nice! <vbg>

Tracy