[pyrnet] Re: RE: [collars, and an update

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>I always use nylon collars, but then again, I like to change them a lot
>i.e. for Xmas, birthdays, seasons etc. (dress them up, so to speak!) but
>I always use leather leashes because they are easier on the hands.
Like Susan, we use nylon snap collars and leather leashes. We do therapy
dog work with ours (or rather, will do again now that we have one who
likes people other than immediate family!), and once heard a story of a
very physically strong Alzheimers patient who grabbed and twisted a dog's
collar until the dog almost choked. The snap mechanism would allow us to
remove it quickly in such a situation. We don't have collars on the dogs
when they're indoors, and never when they're crated or left alone.
Blair was spayed today--just heard that all went well--why do we get so
anxious over this?!! And Ivy Rose, our cancer survivor, continues to
thrive and at 10 1/2 enjoys our daily 2+ mile walks and playtime with her
much younger "sisters."
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose, Tori and Blair