Re: [pyrnet] Luxating Patella

Our Paddington had this problem. It showed up at about 4 months and he
eventually had surgery at 7 months. The knee was quite strong, but that
leg always turned out a bit, he limped a little, and we had him on the
glucosamine/chondroitine regimen for the rest of his life. It kept him
moving well with little pain med., and the last winter a round of
acupuncture helped. I think surgical techniques have improved (this was 10
years ago), and each case is no doubt different. I'd get a couple of
opinions before opting for surgery.Paddington's was a fairly major
procedure, requiring building up one side of the socket and placing two
pins in to keep things in place.

Ann, Peg, Tori and Blair