Re: [pyrnet] Luxating Patella

<< Does anyone have experience with this kneecap disorder.  My 1 yr old
> Pyr recently was diagnosed with this issue.  He is not in pain but
> limps on occasion.  Seems like surgery to make a deeper notch in the
> knee is in order.  The orthopedic vet suggested that this is not
> uncommon in Pyrs.  I have heard of hips and elbows but not kneecaps.
> Suggestions??  Thanks.  Jen and Scoob>>

Luxating patellas are indeed a health issue that is not uncommon in the
breed. I haven't dealt with that issue personally, however. I would
assume there are others on the list who can give you advice.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX