From: Rhonda Collins [mailto:rhonda@castlepublishing.com]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 6:57 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20030508

>My Pyr, Sophie, is about six months old, and her eyes always look blood
red.
>Is this typical?  If not, what might be the cause?  I haven't noticed this
>in pictures of other Pyrs.
>
>Thanks,
>Jeff White
>Dickson, TN

Newman's eyes are always red, too, and I worried about it for some
time--even asked the vet about it--but it seems that for him it's just
normal. They don't seem to irritate him, he doesn't have a discharge. He
just looks like he's come off a three-day drunk. His lower lids are also a
bit droopy, so as Christine commented, that does make it more noticable.
Perhaps it has to do with allergies or some such. I even tried putting
Visine in his eyes! (Which of course he was NOT happy about!) It didn't
help.

So, at this point, I stopped worrying about it. Figured it was time to
worry about my sore knees from chasing him to put the drops in.

Rhonda <and Newman, who indiganantly states, "Drops? I don't NEED no
freakin' drops!>