RE: [pyrnet] Re: Pyr Smiles

Hello All,

I just wanted to share my constant amazement for the pyr breed.

Today I had to go out of town at 7:00 am for a business trip and would
not return home until 7:00 pm.

So, worried about my pyr baby Rex being in his outside kennel so long
without being about to take a good run through his 7 acres woods, I got
up at 5:00 am in order to let him have the opportunity to play and run
in the woods until 7:00 am.

When I approached his kennel at 5:00 am he was sleeping inside his
dogaloo.  I had to actually physically wake him up, talk to him for a
bit while rubbing his head.  Then I had to beg him to stand up and go
into the woods for an early and only daylight run.

Thinking I was a caring pyr mother, willing to sacrifice 2 hours of
sleep in order to make sure my pyr baby Rex could get time in the woods
to play before my business trip, I was shocked after I let him into the
woods.  He walked into the woods, stood still, looked around for about 1
minute and turned to only walk inside and lay down in his dogaloo
located inside the wooded seven acres.

So, I guess it didn't pay to offer him an early morning romp.  Let a
sleeping pyr lie, because he is sleeping and you make him get up and
move to another area, he will then just promptly lay back down to sleep
because that was what he was doing before you bothered him.

Go figure?

Jennifer Helfrich-Will, HFA
www.askjennifer.info
www.nursinghomeadministrators.net